Inpatient Packing Checklist
MUST HAVE AT TIME OF ADMISSION
- Photo ID or other proof of NH residency (if applying for financial assistance).
- Insurance card if applicable.
- Your current medications with physician orders to get you through 30 days.
- Be ready to give a sample for a urine drug screen.
THINGS TO BRING
- Please pack a long weekend’s worth of clothes. Please pack all of your belongings in duffel bags or plastic bags. We do not allow suitcases. Please leave your purses at home. We provide towels and bedding and you have access to laundry facilities.
- 1 small bag of toiletries, separated into its own plastic bag. If you don’t have any, we provide toiletries necessary for maintaining personal grooming and hygiene such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, etc. Be aware that we do not allow any items with alcohol in the top 3 ingredients. So please check your labels.
- Bathing suit for the outdoor pool (weather permitting).
- Ladies, please limit non-charcoal based makeup products to a handful. Extras will be sent home.
- Money for candy/soda machine, stamps, and books. It is recommended not to bring more than $40.
- Cigarettes, enough for your 30-day supply of commercial or generic brand cigarettes stored in sealed, unopened packs. We do not have a cigarette machine.
- Reading materials: You may bring up to 4 books of your choice, to be approved by your primary counselor as appropriate in a recovery-based treatment setting. We provide reading materials at all locations.
- Musical instruments need to be approved by staff prior to admission.
- Art supplies should be limited to a handful of pens, markers, and paper.
What NOT to Bring
- Inappropriate clothing: Clothes that feature alcohol, drug, sexual, or violent content, or that are too revealing.
- Weapons of any kind or contraband
- Body sprays, perfumes, cologne, or aftershaves, hair dye.
- Aerosol sprays, including hair spray.
- Food, candy, gum or drinks from outside.
- Chewing tobacco, cigars, vapes, pipes or rolling tobacco.
- Video tapes or DVDs.
- iPods, iPads, smart watches, CD players or video games of any kind.
- Cell phones.
- Flower deliveries will not be accepted.
- Cars cannot be left on the premises. Please arrange for appropriate transportation.