Inpatient Packing Checklist
MUST HAVE AT TIME OF ADMISSION
- Photo ID or other proof of NH residency. (If financial assistance is being offered)
- Insurance card if applicable.
- Your current medications with medication orders to get you through 30 days.
- Be ready to give a sample for urine analysis.
THINGS TO BRING
- Please pack a long weekend’s worth of clothes and bath towels. We have washer and dryers. Please pack all of your belongings in duffel bags or plastic bags. We do not allow suitcases. Please leave your purses at home. We provide bedding and towels and you have access to laundry facilities.
- 1 small bag of toiletries. Bring your own shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair brushes, shaving items and feminine products if needed. Be aware that we do not allow any items with alcohol in the top 3 ingredients. Check your labels.
- Bathing suit for the outdoor pool (weather permitted).
- Ladies, please limit makeup products to a handful. Extras will be sent home.
- Money for candy/soda machine, stamps, and books. It is recommended not to bring more than $40.
- Cigarettes, enough for your 30-day supply of commercial or generic brand cigarettes stored in sealed, unopened packs. We do not have a cigarette machine.
- Reading materials should be recovery based or spiritual in nature. Any other reading material needs to be approved by your primary counselor. We have reading materials. You are allowed to bring one book while you are here at Farnum Center. It must be an appropriately based book.
THINGS NOT TO BRING
- Inappropriate clothing: clothes with alcohol, drug, sexual, or violent in nature are not allowed. Clothing that is too revealing is not allowed.
- No body sprays, perfumes, cologne, or after shaves.
- No aerosol sprays including hair spray.
- No food, candy, gum or drinks from outside.
- No chewing tobacco, cigars, vapes, pipes or rolling tobacco.
- No video tapes or DVDs.
- No iPods, iPads, smart watches, CD players or video games of any kind.
- No cell phones.
- Musical instruments need to be approved by staff prior to entrance.
- No flower arrangements may be brought in and deliveries will not be accepted.
- No cars can be left on premises. Please arrange for appropriate transportation.
*Please always bring a photo ID.
*If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card with you.
*Please come prepared with proper payment. No personal checks will be accepted.