Inpatient Packing Checklist
MUST HAVE AT TIME OF ADMISSION
- Photo ID or other proof of NH residency (if applying for financial assistance).
- Insurance card if applicable.
- Your current medications with physician orders to get you through 30 days.
- Be ready to give a sample for a urine drug screen.
THINGS TO BRING
- Please pack a long weekend’s worth of clothes and up to two bath towels. Please pack all of your belongings in duffel bags or plastic bags. We do not allow suitcases. Please leave your purses at home. We provide towles (if neeeded) and bedding and you have access to laundry facilities.
- 1 small bag of toiletries, separated into its own plastic bag. We provide toiletries necessary for maintaining personal grooming and hygiene such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, etc. If you prefer a specific brand of product please bring it. Be aware that we do not allow any items with alcohol in the top 3 ingredients. So please check your labels.
- Bathing suit for the outdoor pool (weather permitting).
- Ladies, please limit makeup products to a handful. Extras will be sent home.
- Money for candy/soda machine, stamps, and books. It is recommended not to bring more than $40.
- Cigarettes, enough for your 30-day supply of commercial or generic brand cigarettes stored in sealed, unopened packs. We do not have a cigarette machine.
- Reading materials should be recovery-based or spiritual in nature. You may bring one book of your choice to be approved by your primary counselor and it must be appropriate. We also provide reading materials at all locations.
- Musical instruments need to be approved by staff prior to admission.
What NOT to Bring
- Inappropriate clothing: Clothes that feature alcohol, drug, sexual, or violent content, or that are too revealing.
- Body sprays, perfumes, cologne, or aftershaves.
- Aerosol sprays, including hair spray.
- Food, candy, gum or drinks from outside.
- Chewing tobacco, cigars, vapes, pipes or rolling tobacco.
- Video tapes or DVDs.
- iPods, iPads, smart watches, CD players or video games of any kind.
- Cell phones.
- Flower arrangements may be brought in and deliveries will not be accepted.
- Cars cannot be left on the premises. Please arrange for appropriate transportation.